Public Service Announcements
Public Service Announcements (PSAs) are offered as a community service by KXNM. PSAs are reserved for non-profit organizations and community groups to publicize events or services. These announcements are produced by KXNM staff based upon the information provided to the station.
What you should include in your PSA:
- Name of the event and a name of the non-profit organization sponsoring or setting up the event
- Location and address of the event
- Date and time of the event and, if needed, an itinerary for the activities
- Day/days the event will take place
- A description of the event
- Ticket price and purchase/reservation deadline, if applicable
- Contact phone number for more information
- Phonetic pronunciation of names if needed
- A courtesy call or e-mail if the event is changed, canceled, sold out, extended or incorrect
Normally KXNM will not announce monthly meetings, events for profit- making businesses, or events that may only affect a very small portion of the community.
All public service announcements aired on X88.7 FM KXNM must meet federal and local rules. PSAs that do not meet these guidelines will not be accepted. PSAs are broadcast at the discretion of KXNM management.